There may be times when your iPhone warns you that it is disabled and needs to be connected to iTunes to unlock it. In this article, we will explain to you under what circumstances this message appears and above all, how to fix it using several methods. Follow the leader !
“iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes”. You may have come across this screen before on this iPhone. Problem: You may not have a version of iTunes handy and, even worse, have no idea how you got there. Do not panic, we will explain everything to you in this article.
Start with the cause of the problem. If you got there, it’s probably because you forgot your PIN code and entered the wrong code too many times. The first thing to do is to make sure you have an easy-to-remember code or, if necessary, have a way to find it in case you forget it.
How to reactivate your iPhone with iTunes
If despite everything you have arrived at this stage, the first thing to do is to follow the instructions on the screen, namely to connect to iTunes. If you have a PC or Mac with the software installed on it available, here is the procedure to follow to regain control of your iPhone:
- Turn off your iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac while holding down the side button
- If you have a model lower than the iPhone 8, it will be either the volume down button or the main Home button
- Hold the button until you see the recovery mode screen on your iPhone
- In iTunes, find the button to access your iPhone and click on it
- In the window that opens, select the Restore option
- Let the process run until your iPhone restarts
- Unplug your iPhone from your computer and set up a new PIN
Related — iPhone: How to Convert a Web Page to a PDF File
How to reactivate your iPhone with iCloud
iTunes is no longer really part of the computer landscape, replaced by its successor Apple Music, you may not have the application at hand when your iPhone crashes. No problem, here is another method to reactivate it:
- On another device, sign in to your iCloud account
- In the device menu, select your iPhone
- Click on “Erase iPhone” option
- Reconfigure a new PIN
- If you have one, restore an old backup of your iPhone
On the same subject — iOS 16: how to install it on your iPhone, what you need to know
How to Reactivate Your iPhone with a Third-Party App
Last solution, you can use an application other than iTunes to restore your iPhone. This method can be useful in the event that the latter is not connected to an iCloud account and if you do not have a copy of iTunes available. Here we will take the example of Tenorshare ReiBoot, a paid solution but which offers a trial week, ideal for exceptional situations like this. Here’s how to go about it:
- Go to this link and click Free try to download the app
- Open the app and connect your iPhone to your computer
- Click on Begin
- Select option Advanced Repair
- Download the firmware for your iPhone model
- Let the application install the latter on your smartphone and start the repair
Once all these steps have been completed, regardless of the method used, you should end up with an (almost) brand new iPhone, but also and above all unlocked. From now on, we advise you to remember your PIN code!