But that’s not all, but the firm also has to be in charge of updating and keeping up to date the versions already available of its products. In fact, this is the case that concerns us at the moment since Microsoft has just published an optional patch, KB5005101.
What to do with the optional Windows KB5005101 patch
This is released for Windows 10 versions 21H1, 20H2 and 2004 with a multitude of fixes. To give you an idea, this optional update includes fixes for issues affecting USB headsets and the Bluetooth. It also fixes bugs for Office 365 applications and for devices that support touch input. As usual, the bug fixes and quality improvements in this optional patch KB5005101 will also be included in this month’s updates.
They will be published on September 14 in the usual Microsoft Update Tuesday. Therefore, if you have experienced some system failures lately, we recommend that you install this update and thus not wait more than 10 days. If you decide to install this optional patch, we show you all the bug fixes Microsoft has highlighted.
Fixes included in the new Microsoft update
- An issue is updated that causes Bluetooth headphones they only work for voice calls.
- Fixed an issue that provides an erroneous result when the Japanese reconversion is canceled.
- They fix a bug that resets the synchronization of OneDrive a Only known folders after installing a Windows update.
- Fixed a bug that prevents headphones that are connected to a device via USB from working if the PC has certain third-party audio drivers.
- Updated the bug with the change of images size which produces flickering and residual line artifacts.
- There is no longer a problem that prevents you from typing any word in the username box.
- Fixed an issue when copying and pasting a text box in apps from office 365.
- They fix a bug that can cause the computer to stop working when making a certain gesture on the touch input. This occurs when more fingers are in contact during the on-screen gesture.
- The error that could cause a external monitor show a black screen after hibernation.
- We no longer encounter the issue that restores brightness to standard dynamic range with high dynamic range monitors or HDR.
How to install KB5005101 on PC
It is worth mentioning that we have the possibility of installing this optional update just by going to the System Configuration application. We can access this through the Win + I key combination. Once in the window that appears, we only have to go to the update and security section where we already find Windows Update.
Here we should already see that there is an optional update available for the team, so we have no choice but to add it to our Windows.