VOD news brings you the best releases of the week on Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, Disney + … And you may be wondering what is that about Heading to hell because … Didn’t two of the most anticipated series come out this week as they are? Cowboy bebop and The wheel of time? Well yes, but … believe me Heading to hell It goes around them three times and you don’t have to go very far to see it: you have it in …
We began the weekly review by Netflix, whose most outstanding premiere for this week was that of Cowboy bebop, which is not the only one: other exclusive releases that may interest you are that of tick, tick … BOOM! or the second part of Tiger king; however, if I had to keep just one pair they would be Cowboy bebop, because it is inevitable, and Heading to hell.
Heading to hell is Netflix’s new Korean series, so if you liked the overrated The Squid Game, this one will too. But do not be confused either, because they have nothing to do with each other, except for their origin and because in both cases they are suspense series that look easy because they hook, each in its own way.
In fact, Korean series are living a golden age of a few years now and except for unexpected success, The Squid Game it is not one of its most significant exponents. Of course, it also depends on the genre we are targeting and the gender of Heading to hell It is suspense, yes, but wrapped in a fantasy worthy of the best anime and with a not inconsiderable touch of terror.
Heading to hell It lacks a priori the visual power of the two series that occupy the headlines this weekend, but it makes up for it with a much more attractive plot and with a rhythm that facilitates the hooking like none of the others. And with very successful visual effects. In summary: as you can see them all and the others have more publicity, I recommend that you do not miss Heading to hell.
Last minute surprises aside, the great premiere of the week on Nteflix is undoubtedly that of Cowboy bebop, the adaptation of the anime classic I wrote about not long ago acknowledging that the Cowboy bebop Netflix pointed out ways and I reaffirm myself with those first reactions: the main trio perfectly fulfills its role, the chemistry between them is very successful … All good a priori.
That is why I was surprised to see how specialized critics are destroying the series as could not be expected. In the absence of seeing more than the two chapters that I have tasted at the moment, I do not explain it. In other words, the cast is fine, the technical section is fine, the adaptation seems quite faithful, taking into account that there were going to be changes yes or yes. I mean, everything is fine in general.
If I had to complain about something, it would be a rhythm that stumbles and does not help the hook as it should … although I will be honest and blasphemous for fans of the original material: several of the reviews I have read say that it does not captures the spirit of anime and the truth is that, in my opinion, Cowboy bebop it was always an overrated and boring show by the standards of the time.
More exclusive content:
- Love without measure. «A divorce lawyer falls in love with a charismatic cardiologist. But when your height difference causes friction in the family, will you choose to listen to your heart? “
- Blown Away: Christmas (T1). “It is the perfect time for five familiar faces to fill the workshop with festive designs. The winner will win money for his sock: a merry Christmas! “
- Carlos Ballarta: False prophet. “The Mexican comedian Carlos Ballarta is back and, this time, he uses his black and incisive humor to question the cultural and religious opinions of Latin America.”
- Christmas flow (T1). «An unexpected Christmas romance arises between a famous rapper and a tenacious journalist. But can they make the relationship work despite their differences? “
- Johnny Test: Meatloaf Mission. “An epic interactive adventure where Johnny and Dukey go in search of the perfect meatloaf so they don’t have to eat the horrible version of Daddy.”
- The queen of flow (T2). “Seventeen years after being unjustly imprisoned, a brilliant songwriter seeks revenge on the men who brought her down and murdered her family.”
- Michael Che: Shame the Devil. “Michael Che returns to the stage in Oakland and addresses American patriotism, Black leadership, jealous exes, bears on the loose, mental health and more.”
- We have become extinct! Two adorable furry creatures travel back in time by accident to a future where they are extinct. Can this donut-shaped duo save their species? “
- Space dogs (T1). “With Earth in danger, desperate scientists send genetically modified dogs into space to find a new world … Search, puppy, search!”
- Princess Refill. “The theft of a priceless relic prompts identical aristocrats Margaret and Stacy to ask their sassy double Fiona (and her handsome ex-boyfriend!) For help.”
- StoryBots (T1). “It’s time to learn with Bip, Bup, Bing, Bang and Bo as they go through a musical alphabet: from the amazing A, to the wonderful M … all the way to Z!”
- tick, tick … BOOM! “A promising theater composer in his 30s grapples with love, friendship, and the pressure to create something fantastic before time runs out.”
- Tiger king (T2). «The owner of a zoo, surrounded by the eccentric characters of the underworld of the breeding of big cats, is accused of hiring a hit man. Based on true events. “
- American gangster
- Archer (T1)
- Brussels By Night
- Earwig and the witch
- The Bourne Affair
- The guest
- The Bourne legacy
- The Bourne myth
- The Bourne Ultimatum
- The last witch hunter
- The valley of vengeance
- Election: Night of the Beasts
- Between law and anarchy
- G.I. Joe
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- The witch
- The sinister cabin
- The legion of the eagle
- The Kardashians (T8)
- The Croods
- Step from you
- If it was easy
- If I were rich
- Superstore (T5)
- Terminator 2: Final Judgment
- The Bridge
- The CEO
- The Darkness
- The Fable
- The Fable: The Killer Who Doesn’t Kill
- A spy and a half
We continue the weekly review with the Amazon Prime Video offer, where you can see another of the great releases of the week.
The wheel of time it’s that premiere. A new series of medieval fantasy that were already coming are the sanbenito of being the Game of Thrones of Amazon for the obvious, but as expected, I know that it fell far short of expectations and does not even reach The witcher… or there he goes, which is not saying much. In short, the adaptation of Robert Jordan’s work makes waters from minute one.
But why? At the moment, only the first three chapters of The wheel of time. The following will go out at the rate of a new one every Friday. But it is difficult for them to trace what has started so badly … and you have to understand me when I say this, because The wheel of time not a bad series. The problem is that it is one more rehash that seems made for the consumption of an undemanding public.
Again, that’s my opinion, but except for the role of Rosamund Pike (I care a lot, jack reacher), the rest of the cast is so nondescript that it causes almost instant rejection, the visual effects are very fair; the overall packaging of the series is… mediocre. The wheel of time is more in line with things like Shadow and bone what of Game of ThronesWhich is a shame not because of the longing for it to resemble the second, but because of the boredom that it resembles the first.
More exclusive content:
- Spanish Soccer Team, the strength of the group (T1). “The history of the National Team at Euro 2020 from within.”
- To Rome with love
- The day will come
- Emergency, burning city
- Brain drain
- Brain drain 2
- Blow for blow
- Stories to not sleep (T1)
- Isabel (Complete series)
- The hunt: Tramuntana (T2)
- Valdemar’s heritage
- The other look (T2)
- Map of the sounds of Tokyo
- Men in Black International
- Midnight in paris
- Rome, 2072 AD: the gladiators
- Romasanta, the hunt for the beast
- The way
- Legal kind
- Behind the glass
- Three women and a plan
- Vacation in hell
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona
HBO Max continues to show its pulse and filling its catalog both with content that HBO Spain already had, as well as with new additions to the catalog. This week, it also presents its first original series.
Kamikaze It is the most striking and the most anticipated so far, a Norwegian production very much in the line of recent series with a female and young protagonist with which to try to reinvent something, without succeeding. But it should be noted that as much as it sounds like the umpteenth series for postmodern millennials and the trailer itself smells like that, the person watching it is liking it, which is not my case.
- Blade Runner: The Black Lotus (T1). Los Angeles, 2032. A young woman with deadly abilities and no memories pursues those responsible for her brutal past to discover the truth about her identity. His only clues: a locked data device and a tattoo of a black lotus. “
- Elliott of Earth (T1). “When Elliott and her mother Frankie investigate a mysterious rock, there is an unexpected twist and they are suddenly transported to a place in the universe called the Centrium.”
- The sex life of college girls (T1). Four students arrive at the prestigious University of Essex in New England. The girls are a mixture of contradictions and hormones. You’ll love and hate them in equal measure as they debut their new freedom and life on campus. “
- The Flash (T8). “This superhero drama follows the high-speed adventures of the World’s Fastest Man”
- Down there (T5)
- Atlanta’s Missing and Murdered: The Lost Children (T1)
- Based on real events
- Better things (T2)
- Britannia (T2)
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Question of justice
- The cat with boots
- The black book
- Full bloom (T2)
- John adams (T1)
- Death in Leon (T1)
- Samurai jack (T1-T5)
- No man’s land (T1)
- A gifted life (T3)
Apple TV + premieres another couple of series, which, added to those already broadcast, guarantee a minimum of entertainment for its subscribers.
More exclusive content:
- Harriet the spy (T1). Honestly and perpetually curious. That’s 11-year-old Harriet in a nutshell. But if you want to be Harriet M. Welsch, a future writer, you will have to know everything. “
- The Line (T1). «A section of Navy SEALs is sent to Iraq to fight against ISIS. When the mission concludes and they return home, rumors of war crimes begin to be heard. “
And Disney + … Hold on, you will soon come much more interesting things.
- A Teacher (T1)
- Anna (T1)
- The longest journey
- The battle of the sexes
- White glove thief (T1-T6)
- The Simpsons (T33)
- Sydney to the max (T1)
- Terminator: Dark Fate
- The Orville (T1-T2)