One of the advantages that AMD is getting from its dealings with the console makers, and especially from Microsoft with its policy of treating the PC and consoles equally, is games optimized for its graphics cards. All this for the ease of porting between the Xbox Series and the PC, so it is not surprising that these games are more optimized for RDNA 2.
News in Adrenalin 21.11.1 drivers
The saying goes that “new Call of Duty new year”, and is that the Activision-Blizzard game has been faithful to its annual appointment since 2005. That is why gaming graphics card manufacturers such as AMD release drivers so that the latest installment of the First Person Shooters saga works in the best possible way on their graphics cards.
But the drivers not only bring profiles optimized for the new CoD, but also for Forza Horizon 5, the free driving game from PlayGround Games that looks really impressive and is one of the two spearheads of Microsoft for Windows and its Xbox consoles. .
What is the improvement? With the new graphics controller if we play with the game settings at 4K Extreme on a 16 GB AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT we can see a performance increase of up to 23%. Let’s not forget that this depends on the CPU you use, since according to Lisa Su to acquire this performance it is necessary to have a Ryzen 9 5900X and Windows 10 Pro as an operating system.
They have also solved some problems that occurred in the previous drivers, but this time the list is very short, since only two errors have been fixed since the last update:
- The issue showing image corruption issues when using a monitor Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95T at a resolution of 5120 x 1440 pixels and 240 Hz refresh rate have been fixed.
- The problem of visual artifacts in Call of Duty: Warzone moving the cursor in the game menus has also been fixed.
Problems still to be solved in the AMD drivers
As is normal in the publication of a new driver, a list of problems to be solved is given, since it is a way for manufacturers to say that they have plans to solve them in a future update and therefore are working on it.
- Apparently Radeon Anti-Lag It gives problems if you play Guardians of the Galaxy with an RX 5500 XT and an error called Driver Timeout ends up, so AMD recommends that you disable this feature.
- The Multimedia Athena Dumps folder consumes a huge amount of storage.
- Visual artifacts can be experienced if you play Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on an AMD RX 6000M.
- Playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds using multiple monitors at the same time in extended mode causes Radeon Software to become unresponsive when the player is in the game lobby and wants to open the Radeon Software window on any screen except the first one. To temporarily fix the problem, AMD recommends using the keyboard shortcut that consists of pressing the Alt and R keys simultaneously.
- Enhanced Sync It can cause the screen to appear completely black in some games, if that happens it is recommended to disable it as a temporary measure.
- Radeon performance metrics keep giving incorrect values regarding the RAM clock speed.
As you can see many of these problems were already in the list of the penultimate version of the drivers, it is a pity that in Adrenalin 21.11.1 have not been fixed yet, but we also have to take into account the short time since the last controller, less than a month.