The Far Cry saga is not only characterized by its villains, but also by the beautiful landscapes in which the action of the games occurs. Which requires good graphics power to show itself in all its glory. This new game apparently takes us to a Caribbean island and it is the most demanding delivery to date due to the use of technologies such as data streaming from the SSD drive and Ray Tracing media.
Ubisoft has given several sets of requirements for Far Cry 6, and we sincerely recommend that if you can upgrade your gaming PC’s storage from a hard drive to an NVMe SSD you do so. Little by little and progressively the highest caliber games will ask for it as a minimum specification. Although it is not the case of Far Cry 6, but when a requirement becomes recommended, it is not long before it becomes a minimum requirement.
And how about the rest of the technical requirements for Far Cry 6? Well, depending on the resolution at which we want to play the game and if we want to do it with the Ray Tracing activated, it could be said that the requirements of the game are very high.
What PC do I need to play Far Cry 6?
If we want to play at 1080p resolution with a rate of 30 FPS and Ray Tracing disabled then we will need the following PC:
- A processor AMD Ryzen 3 1200 at 3.1 GHz or a Intel Core i5-4460 at 3.2 GHz.
- As a graphics card the game requires a NVIDIA GeForce 960 onwards or a AMD Radeon RX 460 from 4GB upwards.
- 8 GB RAM memory mode Dual Channel.
- 60 GB of hard drive storage, Ubisoft recommends using an SSD.
Keep in mind that these are the worst conditions with which you can play the game, so if you want to play at a more than recommended 60 FPS and also at Full HD then you will need the following PC at least:
- A AMD Ryzen 5 3600X at 3.8 GHz or a Intel Core i7-7700 at 3.6 GHz as CPU.
- As a graphics card we will need a AMD RX Vega 64 or one NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, both of 8 GB.
- 16 GB RAM memory in Dual Channel mode.
- 60 GB storage on the hard drive, the use of an SSD is recommended.
As for the specs to play Quad HD or 1440p at 60 FPS They are the same as for Full HD mode but requiring a more powerful GPU, since we will need an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT or one NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER. We also have the option of installing the highest quality texture pack, yes, they are 37 GB additional storage.
What if I want to play with active ray tracing?
Ray Tracing allows for greater visual fidelity by representing the behavior of light and its effects on materials more realistically, but it also increases the computing power of the CPU cores and the use of cards. graphics prepared for this technology. The memory and storage specifications are however the same, 16 GB dual channel for RAM and up to 97 GB storage on an SSD.
To play at 1440p, 60 FPS with the Ray tracing in Far Cry 6 we need:
- AMD Ryzen 5 5600X at 3.7 GHz or Intel Core i5-10600 at 4.1 GHz as CPU.
- A AMD Radeon RX 6800 16GB or one NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB as a GPU.
On the other hand, to play at 4K and 30 FPS, the specifications skyrocket:
- A processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X at 3.7 GHz or a Intel Core i7-10700K at 3.8 GHz.
- A AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB or one NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB.
Hopefully you can enjoy Far Cry 6 in all its splendor and if you can’t it is a good excuse to renew your Gaming PC and have it ready to play the most cutting-edge games of the moment.