Harry Potter could be considered as one of the most successful magic franchises in history. After his debut on the screen with the first adaptation of one of the fantasy novels written by JK Rowling, on June 30, 1997 he managed to gather millions of fans around the world.
Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, marked an entire generation through a journey of adventure and magic that unfolded throughout seven other films until 2011. Their landscapes, castles and alleys never seen before, left a memory in the minds of many fans .
Now, 20 years after the premiere of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Hogwarts magic and wizardry are back to celebrate. Google Earth, the computer program that generates a 3D view of the Earth based mainly on satellite images joins the festivities through a very special activity.
How to visit iconic Harry Potter sites?
Google Earth has compiled 10 incredible places, which you can visit from the comfort of your home, without leaving home. To access them, simply select the site you want to visit and access its respective link, which have been compiled by Hypertextual.
- London’s King’s Cross: The Adventure Begins With Him Hogwart Express, better known as 9 3/4, which will lead the young magic apprentices to what will be their alma mater.
- Glenfinnan Viaduct: The 21 Arch Bend, located in Scotland, is also available on Google Earth.
- Leadenhall Market: This Victorian market, also known as Diagon Alley, is available at
- Alnwick Castle: Hogwarts Castle does exist! In fact, it is a tourist center that offers guided tours.
- Christ Church: This majestic room gave life to one of the most emblematic scenes of the saga, the magical dinner.
- Millennium Bridge: It also exists in real life, although at the moment it can only be visited virtually.
- The Elephant House: It is the same cafeteria in which JK Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter book, so what are you waiting to visit.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: The park in Orlando, Florida could not be missed, it is one of the best ways to enter the world of Harry Potter.
- MACUSA | Fantastic Animals: The Office of Public Administration in New York served as the setting for the Magic Congress of the United States of America (MACUSA), although it is not directly related to the franchise.
- Palace Theater: this Victorian theater in London’s West End neighborhood you can enjoy the two-part play Harry Potter.
Pokémon Go and Niantic join the Metaverse, will create video games that interact with the real world
It’s not just the dinosaur: Google has more hidden games, unlock them with these codes