Classic Spider-Man games
We cannot begin this article in any other way than by recalling the most classic titles of spider-man video games. Games that came out for the Atari, SNES, Megadrive, Master System or Game Gear consoles, up to the slightly more “current” ones for the Game Boy or the first PC installments.
- Released in 1982 for the Atari 2600 console.
- It was one of the first titles we saw Spider-Man in.
- It attracted a lot of public attention because, despite its rudimentary graphics, it already included mechanics such as the rocking of the character.
Questprobe featuring Spider-Man
- A true classic that arrived in 1984 for platforms such as Acorn Electron, Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Atari ST, BBC Micro, Commodore 16, Commodore 64, Dragon 32, MS-DOS, TI-99 / 4A, TRS-80, ZX Spectrum
- A conversational adventure like the typical ones of the date.
The Amazing Spider-Man
- The first installment of this trilogy arrived in 1990 for the Game Boy.
- 2D action games that were not very successful at the time.
Spider-Man / Venom: Maximum Carnage
- Game for the SNES and Megadrive that arrived in 1994.
- The sequel to Separation Anxiety, a better job graphically, but lost the possibility of cooperative play.
The Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America in Dr. Doom’s Revenge!
- It was released in 1989 for the Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS, ZX Spectrum platforms
- A fighting game in which, in addition to Spider-Man, we can control Captain America
Spider-Man: Return Of The Sinister Six
- It originally hit the market in 1992 for the NES and later ports were made for Master System / Game Gear.
- A game that was not very successful due to the few possibilities it offered at the character level. The main complaint of its players was the little playable time they had.
Venom / Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety
- Game for the SNES and Megadrive platforms released in 1995.
- A primarily fighting title in which Spider-Man and Venom “team up” to fight Carnage.
Spider-Man: The Sinister Six
- One of the first Spider-Man PC titles to be released in 1996.
- It was by no means the best game by far. The animations weren’t bad, but the gameplay it used was out of date.
- The first title that came from this character for the Playstation 1 in 2000.
- Endless references to the history of the comics of this character was one of the most liked by the public to date.
Cross-platform Spider-Man games
Now is the time to take a leap in time to bring together the multiplatform titles about this Marvel superhero.
Spiderman: Friend or Foe
The game of Spider-Man: Friend or Foe It arrived in 2007 for the Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, Nintendo DS, and PlayStation Portable platforms.
A title in which the plot forced Spider-Man to ally himself with some of his enemies and friends to fight against a new, stronger threat. In this case, the graphics took an important leap as we went from 2D to 3D video games, which would be a fascinating world for gamers at that time.
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
On the other hand we have Spider-Man: Kingdom of Shadows, a title that was still betting on 3D on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and Wii, although it opted for the typical 2.5D side scrolling for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2 and Nintendo DS.
Something super curious about this is that, at various points in the game, the player himself could choose the path of good or evil. Therefore, there were multiple endings depending on the decisions he made throughout the game.
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
Another title that attracted a lot of attention was Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, released in 2010 for the Xbox 360, PC, Wii, Nintendo DS, and PlayStation 3.
And it is that in it 4 parallel universes of Marvel Comics were presented, so the player could handle 4 different Spider-Man.
Spider-Man: Edge of Time
A year after the launch of the previous title, in 2011, came this Spider-Man: Edge of Time for Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Nintendo DS and PlayStation 3 platforms.
Here they repeated the setting of the multiverses, after seeing the success that its predecessor had, but in a different way. The act was reduced to two: the classic Spider-Man of today and the futuristic Spider-Man of the year 2099.
The Amazing Spider-Man
This title of The Amazing Spider-Man It was released in 2012 for Android, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii.
It was, as you may be imagining, a game based on the movies of the same name. An open world version in which we could move from one side of New York to the other with Spider-Man.
The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition
This is a reissue of the previous title, which was released for Wii U and included some extras. Among them, several downloadable content that, for example, allowed us to play with Stan Lee himself.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
An evolution of its predecessor which, of course, is named after The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and it is, again, based on that movie. A 2014 title designed to play on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS or PlayStation 3.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 for PS4 is the official game of the new Spider-Man movie starring Andrew Garfield. The title will follow the events of the film, letting us embody the wall-crawler and face him against all kinds of enemies, including antagonists like Kraven the Hunter.
Spider-Man: Far From Home Virtual Reality
This is one of the first virtual reality titles that were released to get us to embody a Marvel superhero. His name is Spider-Man: Far From Home Virtual Reality And, although at the level of history it does not have too much chicha, it is true that to live the experience in the first person it is quite successful.
Exclusive Spider-Man games PS4 and PS5
Lastly, being the most current, we want to show you a compilation of the exclusive Spider-Man video games for PS4 and PS5.
The first one is Spider-man, the version of the year that first arrived exclusively for PS4. An open-world-style action-adventure-fighting game where you can roam around with Spider-Man all over New York.
A game with very interesting mechanics such as the incorporation of stealth and the odd one that will surely attract your attention. In it we will put ourselves in the shoes of Peter Parker, who has to fight against his daily problems and to whom it takes him to be the neighbor and friend Spider-Man. That is, being a normal person while keeping the city safe anonymously.
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
In the case of delivery Spider-Man: Miles Morales Marvel opted for its typical open world action game but, in this case, instead of playing Peter Parker, we will control Miles Morales, his alter ego in the Spiderverse. An exclusive video game for PS5 and PS4 that take advantage of its benefits to launch new mechanics and playable and plot elements. But, in this case, allowing us to meet that different version of Spider-Man.
All the links that you can see in this article are part of our Amazon affiliate agreement and could bring us a small commission. Even so, the decision to publish them has been made freely, under the editorial criteria of El Output, without attending to suggestions or requests from the brands involved.