Apple has just recently presented the new iPhone, and many are wondering what are the differences between the iPhone 15 and the iPhone 15 Plus15 and the iPhone 15 Plus as the successors to the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus, with the improved Dynamic Island, a 48-megapixel main camera, a USB-C port and some other improvements and functionalities, such as new contact cards.
Following the discontinuation of its “mini” devices, this is the second time that Apple has offered a standard model with a large 6.7-inch screen, a screen size that used to be exclusive to the high-end “Pro Max” iPhone line. high.
iPhone 15 vs 15 Plus Buyers Guide
The iPhone 15 starts at 959 euros and the iPhone 15 Plus starts at 1,109 euros. Although the two phones share a lot of features and functions, There are a small number of differences between the two devices which is worth considering before deciding to purchase one or another device.
In gotelé’s article, we will look at the differences between the iPhone 15 and the iPhone 15 Plus, and it helps answer the question of how to decide which of these two iPhone models is best for you. Which one to buy?
The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus share virtually all of the same key features beyond physical size. Both phones have the same Super Retina XDR OLED display, A16 Bionic chip and the “advanced” camera setting, and both are available in the same selection of color options. However, there are still some important differences. Let’s see them!
New iPhone 15 versus the new iPhone 15 Plus
- 6.1-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display, compared to a 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display.
- Resolution of 2556 by 1179 pixels for the small model, and a resolution of 2796 by 1290 pixels for the large one.
- 20 hours of battery life (during video playback), and a 26-hour battery life (during video playback). Here we have one of the big differences between the devices. Six more hours of autonomy in many cases can make the difference between arriving home with some battery power after a long day, or arriving with your iPhone turned off in your pocket.
- The small model measures 147.6 mm in height, compared to the 169.9 mm in height of the Plus model.
- The truth is that they have reduced the thickness, and it shows, we have 71.5 mm wide in the entry-level iPhone and 78.1 mm in the largest version.
- The weight of the smallest model is 171 grams compared to 201 grams of the Plus model.
Prices and storage
The prices of the iPhone 15 depending on the storage we select are these:
- 128 Gb for 959 euros.
- 256 GB for 1089 euros.
- 512 GB for 1339 euros.
The prices of the iPhone 15 Plus depending on the storage we select are these:
- 128 Gb 1109 for euros.
- 256 Gb 1239 for euros.
- 512 Gb 1489 for euros.
Price differences in AppleCare+, or AppleCare+ with theft and loss
- AppleCare+ prices o AppleCare+ with theft and loss on the iPhone 15 is 8.99 euros per month or 169 euros in cash, or with theft 11.49 euros per month or 229 euros in cash.
- AppleCare+ prices or AppleCare+ with theft and loss on the iPhone 15 Plus it is 9.99 euros per month or 199 euros in cash, or with theft 13.49 euros per month or 269 euros in cash.
Perhaps these price differences in the AppleCare+ service are also something we should consider if we want to hire it when purchasing our new iPhone.
Unlike some iPhone models that are offered with different screen sizes, such as the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, there are no additional camera improvements with the larger model when it comes to the iPhone 15 Plus. In fact, There are no standalone features that can be obtained by purchasing the larger device. Six additional hours of battery life is the only real feature to note beyond the larger screen.
The most important decision point to consider when considering the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus is undoubtedly the screen size, but comfort, pocketability, and weight are also notable considerations. The extra $100 price tag for the iPhone 15 Plus seems fair for the extra screen area and battery life, but it’s crucial to weigh these additional aspects for your personal use case.
The iPhone 15 Plus represents the most you can get from a non-pro iPhone model for the best possible battery life, but that doesn’t necessarily translate into a worthwhile purchase for all users. A larger, heavier 6.7-inch iPhone isn’t for everyone. Some may find the size of the iPhone 15 Plus excessive or uncomfortably large to hold, while others will love the larger screen for consuming media. Screen size is ultimately a matter of personal preference, and given the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus almost every feature aside from battery life comes down to individual taste.