To fix it, just we will disable this function and we will check if the problem has been solved. To do this, we will do the following steps:
- In the main menu of PlayStation 5, we are going to Settings > System > HDMI.
- Let’s go to the option ‘HDMI DeviceLink‘.
- We press the button ‘X’ on the DualSense to disable this option.
- Now, we will check if the problem has been fixed.
Sometimes the PS5 system software can cause the console to shut down. A good way to avoid these problems is keep the console on the latest version available. To do this, you must do the following:
- Connect your PS5 to the Internet.
- Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update.
- Choose ‘Update system software‘.
- Now, check the option ‘Update via the Internet‘.
- Confirm the following screens and wait for the firmware to download and your console to update.
If you can’t connect your console to the Internet, you can download the latest firmware from the official Sony website and update the PS5 with a pendrive.
Problem caused by console sleep mode
Another fairly common problem is related to the sleep mode Console If your console turns off after going to sleep, the best thing you can do is disable it so that the problem does not occur.
For disable sleep modeDo the following:
- Select Settings > System > Energy saving.
- Select the option ‘Time until the PS5 enters rest mode‘.
- Enable the option to not put the console to sleep while a game is running on the console.
With this, your console will only be able to enter sleep mode if you activate it manually.
If your console’s power system fails, the PS5 may turn off sporadically. Occasionally this can occur during a power spike.
The first thing you’ll need to look at is the cable. The console uses a IEC C7 power cord. It is a very common cable that was already used in the PS3 and PS4, so you can try to replace it with an equivalent one that you have at home.
If not, you may have a power supply problem from the console itself. In this case, you will have to process the guarantee or replace it yourself if the term has already expired.
The PlayStation 5 is a huge console because it needs a fairly large heatsink to expel all the thermal energy that is generated in its processor. If you’re playing a game and your console shuts down without warning, it may just be overheating. After all, all computers and electronic devices automatically shut down for safety when exceeding the maximum temperature tolerance. From a series of degrees, all electronic devices turn off without warning so that their internal components are not damaged.
Detecting what may be causing your PS5 to overheat can be a bit tricky. However, we are going to talk about the two most possible scenarios: poor ventilation and malfunction of the dissipation systems.
Try moving the console somewhere else.
The PlayStation 5 needs a air flow constant to be able to cool properly. It may happen that we have the console in a living room cabinet, almost boxed in and that it is suffocating by sucking in the same hot air that comes out through its ventilation ducts.
If your console has not had this problem until the summer has arrived, you begin to suspect that the fault could come from here. As a first solution, do the following:
- turn off your console and remove the power cables.
- Let the console cool down for at least an hour.
- Over time, take your PS5 to a place that is well ventilatedand where you can get clean, fresh air.
- Now try to see if the console works correctly.
If your problem has been solved, you will have to find another place to put it. If the problem persists, but you think it’s still an overheating problem, try the following.
Clean the ventilation system
Over time, your PS5 can fill up with dust. As the vents become saturated, the ventilation of the console begins to be less than optimal. For this reason, the internal temperature of the console rises and can turn off without warning. Any electronic device that has a fan works like a vacuum cleaner. If you have pets at homeyour PS5 will almost certainly have quite a bit of hair on its fans.
Luckily, Sony designed the PS5 with great care, and we will be able to clean its ventilation system without having to disassemble the internal components of the console. It will take less than 10 minutes:
- Remove the console base by removing the screw.
- Lift the corner of the PlayStation logo faceplate to separate it from the Case.
- As you turn the corner slide the faceplate towards the bottom of the console.
- Remove the left faceplate.
- Use a Vacuum cleaner with a tube attachment to suck dust out of the PS5’s air vents. The console has a total of two holes in it for this purpose. You will need to put the vacuum cleaner on maximum power to be able to do the process correctly.
- Repeat the steps in reverse to put the cover back in place and reinstall the console base.