Once again we have to talk about new award nominations that Apple’s video streaming service has received. This time it is about the Imagen Award (they support Latin talent), awards in which 5 Apple TV + original series have received a total of 8 nominations, thus confirming that their new platform is on the right track in terms of content quality. The awards ceremony will be held on October 10 at an event that can be followed live on PBSSoCal.org and KCET.org.
Founded by legendary television producer Norman Lear, the Imagen Awards are administered by Fundación Imagen, an organization with the mission to support and foster the inclusion of Latino talent, executives and voices in all aspects of the creative process in entertainment media.
The 8 nominations that Apple TV + has received are:
- Best Direction – Television: Natalia Beristain, «The Mosquito Coast»
- Best Musical Composition for Film or Television: Antonio Pinto, «La costa de los mosquitos»
- Best Television Program – Television Specials and Movies: “Mariah Carey’s Magical Christmas Special”
- Best Supporting Actor – Television (Comedy): Cristo Fernández, “Ted Lasso”
- Best Supporting Actor – Television (Drama): Kevin Valdez, “Little Voice”
- Best Supporting Actress – Television (Drama): Ofelia Medina, “The Mosquito Coast”
- Best Young Actor – Television: Isaac Arellanes, “Ghostwriter”
- Best Youth Program: “Ghostwriter”
Apple made its Image Awards debut in its first year earning eight Image Award nominations for the original series “Little America,” “Ghostwriter,” and “Home.” Apple’s original series, films and documentaries have been awarded 125 awards and 503 nominations to the awards since their launch on November 1, 2019.