Set up Amazon Echo for use on the go
First of all, it is important that you know certain benefits and drawbacks of using these accessories. Thanks to them, we will be able to take us anywhere Amazon smart speaker without cables, either inside or outside the house. But of course, as you can imagine if you are a user of these Amazon speakers, the Echos need a WiFi connection to work, in addition to being powered by an electrical source.
So, if we buy one of these bases and try to use them first, as soon as we invoke it, Alexa will tell us that it cannot help us because it does not have an internet connection. To solve this we will only have to perform the following steps:
- While away from home (or out of range of your usual WiFi), connect the speaker to one of these battery-powered bases. It will turn on and, after a few seconds, an orange light will appear rotating around it, indicating that it is in pairing mode.
- Now go into the settings of your phone, in the network settings, and activate the mode to Share internet possessed by all smartphones. On apple computers this option is called “Personal Access Point” and, on other Android phones, you can find it as “WiFi Hotspot”, “WiFi Zone” or “Shared Connection”.
- Once this option is activated (memorize the WiFi password or copy it because you will need it) open the Alexa app that you used the first time to configure your smart speaker.
- Click on the «+» in the upper right corner to add a new device.
- Select the “Amazon Echo” option, and then choose the corresponding speaker among all the alternatives that appear on the next screen.
- If all goes well, on the next screen you will see that the app detects a new speaker available to link. Click on it to start the configuration.
- Now is the time to select WiFi network that is generating your phone among all the available ones. If this does not appear in the list it is because, probably, it does not have enough network coverage. Type in the password, and after a moment, the settings will tell you that the speaker has been connected successfully.
- To finish, follow the configuration as if you were doing it at home except for two differences: do not link it to any address (since it doesn’t make much sense) and, when it comes to add it to a room, we recommend that you use a different one than the ones you already had in your account. We configure a new one with the name “Exterior”, to have it located at all times.
From now on you can use your Amazon Echo anywhere and interact with Alexa wirelessly.
It is true that the benefits and functionalities are reduced a bit since, for example, we will not be able to handle home automation equipment because they need to be connected to the same WiFi network. But if we can ask you to play music (which is probably the best thing to use it in this way) or ask any questions we have to Alexa and that she has to search the internet.
Best battery bases for Amazon Echo
All of the above said, and now that you know perfectly how to configure your Amazon smart speaker if you decide to buy one of these accessories, it is time to present the best battery bases for the Amazon Echo.
As you can imagine, there are different models depending on the speaker version we are talking about. So we will go model by model showing you the different alternatives available.
Battery base for Amazon Echo & Echo Dot
First we want to talk to you about the bases for the most popular Amazon smart speakers: the Echo Dot and Echo “just”.
This first choice for the most current model of the Amazon Echo Dot It has a 5,200 mAh battery, which would give it a range of about 6 hours of use. Installation is super simple thanks to an adhesive sticker on the base of the speaker and then it has an indicator of the remaining autonomy on the front.
The model case for his older brother, the 4th Gen Amazon Echo It is identical but, in this case, the autonomy is around 4 hours of use.
However, if you have a Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation, the appropriate model is the one that we leave you in the following links. This also has a small upper tab that ensures the hold and an autonomy of up to 8 hours of use. These also have the battery level indicator on the front and, in addition, it is available in two colors: black and white.
Base with battery for Amazon Echo Plus
If in his day you opted for him Amazon Echo Plus Due to its greater power and sound quality, there is a base with a battery of up to 9 hours of use for this model. Its installation is super simple and safe, since it is attached to the lower thread that this speaker has.
Battery stand for Amazon Echo Show
Some of Amazon’s display smart speakers also have these types of carry bases. An example is the Amazon Echo Show 5 ″ that, with this accessory, will allow us to use it for 10 hours without any type of connection to the electrical network. In addition, this accessory allows us to regulate the tilt of the screen to see it better.
Battery base for Amazon Echo Spot
Finally, within this compilation, we have this basis for the Amazon Echo Spot. An accessory with a battery and, in addition, an additional 12 W speaker to enhance the sound of the Echo Spot. Its autonomy is about 8 hours of use.
All the links that you can see in this article are part of our agreement with the Amazon Affiliate Program and could bring us a small commission with your sales (without ever influencing the price you pay). Of course, the decision to publish them has been made freely under the editorial criteria of El Output, without attending to suggestions or requests from the brands involved.