What’s new in Nuclias Cloud with centralized cloud management
Nuclias Cloud is the centralized management platform in the cloud from the manufacturer D-Link, where we can register unlimited access points and compatible switches. Nuclias Cloud has very advanced management features, in addition, it has Zero-touch provisioning, that is, the installation in the cloud is enough to register the serial number of the device itself. So far, we only had the D-Link DBS-2000 range of switches (with different models to suit customer needs), and we also had different models of DBA access points based on WiFi 5 and also on WiFi 6, like the DBA-X2830P that D-Link has had for a long time.
The news of Nuclias Cloud is that they have launched the model D-Link DBG-2000, an SD-WAN router with a multitude of advanced functionalities to have an all-in-one company: router, switches and WiFi access points. So far, the only business-oriented routers were the D-Link DSRs, such as the DSR-250N and DSR-1000AC that have been with us for years. This new SD-WAN router has a total of 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for the WAN / LAN, an RJ-45 console port, a USB 2.0 port and another USB 3.0 port. Being SD-WAN, we can configure the different Gigabit Ethernet ports as WAN or as LAN, through cloud management we can make the configurations that we need.
Some performance figures of this D-Link DBG-2000 SD-WAN router are as follows:
- Firewall throughput: 1.8Gbps
- IPsec throughput with 3DES / AES: 450Mbps
- SSL VPN throughput: 200Mbps
- Maximum concurrent sessions: 200,000
- Number of sessions per second: 2,000
- IPsec VPN tunnels, SSL VPN, L2TP and GRE tunnels: 200 tunnels maximum for each.
Other very important characteristics of this model is the incorporation of a powerful firewall and an intrusion prevention system, in addition, it also allows dynamic web filtering, application control and is perfectly integrated into Nuclias Cloud for centralized management of the entire network. In addition, it will also allow us to join different company headquarters easily and quickly without the need for too much advanced knowledge.
D-Link has also presented two new outdoor access points with the WiFi 5 standard and with management in the Cloud. The model D-Link DBA-3620P It is AC1300 class (up to 400Mbps in 2.4GHz and up to 867Mbps in 5GHz), it also has WPA3 compatibility, band-steering, WiFi roaming between APs that are registered in Nuclias Cloud and much more. Another model is the D-Link DBA-3621P is AC1300 class (up to 400Mbps in 2.4GHz and up to 867Mbps in 5GHz), it also has compatibility with WPA3, band-steering, WiFi roaming between APs that are registered in Nuclias Cloud, the main difference between both models is that the DBA-3620P has internal antennas and this DBA-3621P has external antennas. The rest of the technical characteristics are exactly the same.
As you have seen, the most interesting thing about Nuclias Cloud is the new router / firewall with cloud management from the manufacturer.
What’s new in Nuclias Connect with local management
D-Link has presented the new D-Link Nuclias Connect Hub Plus, or also known as DNH-200, the evolution of the D-Link DNH-100 that we had until now to control all WiFi access points. This new D-Link DNH-200 is the ideal solution to control a maximum of 50 WiFi access points of the DAP range (the DNH-100 allowed up to 100 WiFi access points), but this new model will also allow us to control up to 20 IP cameras acting as NVRs in a single device. In this way, we can control 50 WiFi access points and 20 IP cameras simultaneously. This model has a Gigabit Ethernet port for the LAN, a SUB 2.0 port to export video and make backup copies of the configurations, it also has an RJ-45 console port and a bay to house a hard disk.
Regarding WiFi, we will have exactly the same functionalities as the DNH-100, however, the functions to control the IP cameras are really interesting. This model is capable of using its SATA3 port to install a hard drive with a maximum capacity of 5TB to store all the videos from the different cameras, we have support for H.265 so we will have a great recording quality with a bitrate low to save disk space. We also have support for ONVIF profile S that allows integration with other systems. Of course, this model supports Single Sign On and also updates via FOTA (automatic updates via the Internet).
This new model unifies the WiFi controllers and the NVRs of the manufacturer D-Link all in one, ideal for small and medium office environments where we have up to 50 APs and up to 20 IP cameras as a maximum. For the WiFi controller part we will continue to use the usual app for smartphones, but for the DNH-200 in the part of IP cameras we will have to download a new application called Nuclias Protect. Another very important aspect is that both the DNH-100 and the DNH-200 will be able to control centrally manageable switches, specifically they will be able to control the DGS-1210 Smart, one of the manufacturer’s best-selling ranges.
Other news from D-Link regarding Nuclias Connect is the launch of a new outdoor access point for long distances (20km), the new model is the DAP-3712 and it will allow us to make long distance links thanks to its 23dBi high gain antenna, it has TDMA technology, it is AC867 class because it works only in the 5GHz band, and it supports WPA2, PoE and IP66 protection against water and dust.
Regarding the professional IP cameras launched and compatible with DNH-200, we have the following two models:
- DCS-4618EK: outdoor IP camera in 4K resolution at 20 FPS, has WDR for dynamic image range, H.265 compression, has motion detection, privacy mask, integrates infrared to see in the dark at a distance up to 30 meters, it has anti-vandalism with IK10 and IP66 protection. This equipment has a Fast-Ethernet port with integrated PoE to power it via PoE switch.
- DCS-4718E: outdoor bullet type IP camera, with 4K resolution at 20 FPS, WDR for dynamic image range, H.265 compression, has motion detection and privacy mask, integrates infrared to see in the dark at a distance of up to 30 meters, has IP66 protection. This equipment has a Fast-Ethernet port with integrated PoE to power it via PoE switch.
Finally, D-Link also makes mention of its new top-of-the-range WiFi 6 access point with the DAP-X2850, which is centrally managed with Nuclias Connect.
New equipment for the digital home
D-Link has introduced several new models for the digital home, that is, home environments. The teams presented are the following:
- D-Link R15: This router is simultaneous dual band with WiFi 6 and AX1500 (up to 300Mbps in 2.4GHz and up to 1201Mbps in 5GHz), it has a Gigabit Ethernet port for the Internet WAN and three Gigabit Ethernet ports for the LAN. This model has AI to continuously optimize the WiFi and connect to the best channel, it also has AI to optimize the Mesh network if we create it with other compatible devices, in addition, it is able to intelligently prioritize the most important devices in the network. local network. The firmware also incorporates a very advanced and easy-to-use parental control.
- D-Link M15: this Mesh router is physically the same as the COVR-1103 that has given us such good results in the tests. This Mesh router is simultaneous dual band with WiFi 6 and AX1500 (up to 300Mbps in 2.4GHz and up to 1201Mbps in 5GHz), it has a Gigabit Ethernet port for the Internet WAN and another Gigabit Ethernet port for the LAN. This model has AI to optimize the WiFi, to optimize the Mesh network, prioritize the devices intelligently and also for the advanced parental control that this model has.
- D-Link E15: this WiFi repeater has AX1500 class WiFi 6 as well, therefore, it will be the ideal companion to the R15 router and also to the M15 WiFi Mesh system that we have seen previously. This Mesh repeater is simultaneous dual band with AX1500 (up to 300Mbps in 2.4GHz and up to 1201Mbps in 5GHz), it has a Gigabit Ethernet port for the LAN.
Now the manufacturer D-Link is going to integrate the routers, repeaters and Mesh all in one, and they will be compatible with each other. Currently we also have some compatibility between routers and repeaters to make a Mesh network, but it is necessary to buy specific equipment for this and make sure of the models to use. Thanks to this new strategy, all models will be compatible with all models.
- D-Link DCS-8635LH: This new camera has 2K (1440P) resolution with 360º horizontal viewing because it is robotized (up to 270º rotation). This model has Ethernet connectivity and dual band WiFi (2.4GHz and 5GHz), it is outdoor so we have IP65 certification. At the software feature level, we have AI-based car and people detection, we also have the ability to configure IPv6, we have compatibility with ONVIF Profile S, two-way audio with built-in siren, Bluetooth for quick and easy camera setup, and it has a slot for micro SD cards of up to 256GB capacity.
Other novelties presented by D-Link for the domestic environment are an AX1800 class WiFi adapter (up to 574Mbps in the 2.4GHz band and up to 1,201Mbps in the 5Ghz band), therefore, it does not seem that this model supports channel width 160MHz. This model supports WPA3-Personal, OFDMA and also MU-MIMO to achieve the best possible wireless speed.
In the 5G category we have the 5G WiFi router D-Link DWR-2101. The main characteristics of this model is that it supports 5G up to 1.6Gbps speed, it is simultaneous dual band with WiFi 6 and AX1800 (up to 574Mbps in the 2.4GHz band and up to 1,201Mbps in the 5Ghz band), it supports multiple 5G bands for different countries, a 2.4 ”LCD touch screen, also has a Gigabit Ethernet port for the LAN, a USB Type-C port for charging, WPA3-Personal security, a removable 5260mAh battery to provide connectivity throughout a day , and the SIM card slot is nanoSIM.
D-Link has also launched an external 5G antenna, the DWP-1010 model for outdoor environments, it will allow us to connect to 4G and LTE networks to provide us with Internet connectivity via 2.5G Multigigabit port for the LAN. This model is IP67 certified against dust and water. For industrial and IoT environments we have the DWM-3010, with a Gigabit Ethernet port for WAN / LAN, two Gigabit Ethernet ports for the LAN, possibility of removing the antennas for 5G and for WiFi and much more.
As you have seen, D-Link has launched very interesting news at MWC 2021, the most notable being the router with Nuclias Cloud and also the new WiFi controller / DNH-200 cameras, in addition, a very important detail is that both the DNH -100 and the DNH-200 will be able to centrally control the DGS-1210 Smart switches, one of the best-selling D-Link ranges.