On the market there is a type of battery that adds a coating with a bitter taste so that the little ones at home will notice a bad taste when they put them in their mouth and spit them out. This is not something new in batteries and there are many types of battery that add it, which is why Apple cautions that some of them might not work on AirTags, this coating affects the correct operation.
When we are going to buy a battery of the CR2032 type, Apple recommends that we verify in the description of the packaging that this coating is not added since it can make our AirTags not detect the battery and therefore not work. This coating is on some battery models and may cause the product to not work. On one occasion I remember it happened to me personally with a device, but it was not the AirTag and after changing the battery several times the seller warned me about the coating problem.
In a support document, the Cupertino company launches instructions to users on how to replace the battery in these devices and directly adds the possibility that they do not work:
1. Press the stainless steel battery cover on the AirTag and turn it counterclockwise until the cover stops rotating.
2. Remove the cover and battery
3. Insert a new 3V CR2032 lithium coin cell battery (available at most drugstores and electronics) with the positive side up. You will hear a sound indicating that the battery is connected
CR2032 batteries with bitter coatings may not work with AirTag or other battery-powered products, depending on the alignment of the coating relative to the battery contacts.
4. Replace the cover, making sure the three tabs on the cover align with the three slots on the AirTag.
5. Turn the cap clockwise until it goes no further.
A few days ago or rather last month we talked about the concern of some users in Australia with the problem of swallowing AirTags and logically seeing their size it is more than possible that this could happen. We are sure that common sense is the only thing necessary to avoid this problem and we must also be aware of children in any case. An accident can always happenThat is always the case, but adults are in charge of ensuring that this does not happen.